Hua Hin Beach
Today was my one full day here at the beach and yes, I was adamant I come back showing I've been in the sun. Except....I forgot HOW hot the sun is here and how little 15 Sunscreen does here!! So yes, I'm a bit crispy in some places and my sunglasses were on much too much today! I'm hoping to even it out a bit tomorrow with the few hours I have. But, I'm not sure how possible this is.
(These 2 little ones have been on the beach each afternoon...loving this little river coming from the ocean to the pools on this side of the sand bars. )
Anyways, searching for a cheap but nice guesthouse here was quite challenge...unfortunately, the place I decided upon wasn't the best choice. :( It's ok but not nice like many I've stayed in over the years. However, I'm not really confident there are too many that are good here in Hua Hin, Thailand. I found one a little better up the road that I have been having meals at but...still not like I've found in other places. Oh well, I spent the day on the beach and am loving it anyways!! So relaxing and replenishing for my soul!! What a gift to get to spend time on the beaches in Thailand!
Another favorite past time.....football on the beach. Notice the one farang (white) one that joined in...just tourist taking part in the fun! He wasn't shy about either...)
I hate to end on a negative note here but I have to comment on something that I've seen more of here than ever before and definitely more than anywhere else this trip so far. Farang (caucasian) men (usually older) with young thai ladies! Ughhhhh! I'm not sure all of them are necessarily prostitutes but....when you see a 70 year old man with a girl that looks 25...it's pretty suspicious and makes me want to puke! It's really hard to get away from....
But I'm still enjoying my time here!! :) I fly out back to the states late tomorrow night and will be home 11 am on Sat! See you all soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment