Monday, September 15, 2008

A Little R & R

While many of you might think that all I've been doing is vacationing....really we've been "working" and spent almost all of our time these past 2 weeks with people. So now Jen and I are at the beach here enjoying almost 2 days of relaxing....one afternoon at the beach and some time to just rest.

I've not had nearly enough time for blogging....I'm so behind in my stories....but after we get back from the beach today I plan to spend some time writing.

But for now....I am feeling better. My back is still sore but I can tell it is healing. I am fighting a cold/cough or something too so this timing of some R & R is perfect!

We have met so many amazing people these past 2 weeks and heard so many wonderful things going on over here.... I'll post again this evening and tell some stories. Some highlights...

- Getting back on the motorcycle again! Even 3 to a bike one time....
Well, I don't have a photo of me on the bike again but here is Ling and Jen. Ling is a Thai friend of our hosts and wanted to practice her English so she spent the weekend with us! So sweet and so much fun! The funny story here is; the one time Ling wasn't with us and we had to fit 3 on a bike....Jen had a skirt on! Every other time she had been sure to wear her long pants but this trip was unexpected. A skirt isn't the end of the world - you just sit side saddle. But, this time we had to fit 3 on the bike. No room for side saddling. And since my back was still sore, I had to ride in the back. So poor Jen - in her skirt she had to sit in the middle...showing more leg than she would in the states never mind Thailand! Ha! It made for much laughter and it was all we could do to keep our giggles in...didn't want to distract our driver. Thankfully it was a short ride that evening.

- Painting our friends new home down here in S. Thailand

Here we are painting the O's new house. It has 10 rooms and 6 bathrooms! Wow...but for a family of 8 and still growing it's perfect! (Pearly, Jen, me and in front, Armen. )

- living Filipino style down here in the South
While in S. Thailand we stayed at my friend Pearly and Irvin's place. I met Pearly at the CHE internship I attended back in June 2006. It was so fun to meet her husband this time and fellow team mate, Armen. They are all working with the O's doing CHE. We stayed 3 nights with them living "Filipino style" as Pearly said....bucket bath's and fans. We had a wonderful time hearing stories of their work and touring around town. Armen's friend Ling also joined us so she could practice her English and so we could have 3 motorcycles for getting around. Thanks Ling! What precious friends.... (Armen, Ling, Irvin, Pearly and me)


- Meeting the street kids our friends are taking in down here in S. Thailand...so amazing!

ok, off to the beach I go. More later!!!

No comments: