Wow, how I forgot how much time it takes to do things here! Today Jen and I went to one place across town and it took us 4 hrs...ok, 2 of those hours were spent in the salon getting a pedicure but still 2 hours in traveling, wow! But, we did experience almost all modes of transportation today...subway, skytrain, taxi, tuk-tuk, bus and motorcycle taxi. All in less than 8 hours.
Our flight and traveling was so very smooth! Unbelievable really. Our flights weren't too full so we had extra space on both legs...great for getting some much needed zzz's. And once we arrived, I've been amazed how quickly things have come back. Those phrases I used all the time, just come out at the right time....still only small phrases that I know but enough to get around and order food.
Speaking of food....oh my goodness!! Fresh pineapple, papaya, etc....then noodle soup for lunch. I can't even begin to relay how delicious it all is. A little bit of heaven!
Seeing my kids today has been so very special! I thought they might be a bit shy about seeing me again but oh no...almost all of them came running to give me a hug. It was precious...and so heart warming. All but one of my students in my originial class was able to come to dinner and spend time together this evening. Lots of laughter, silliness and catching up. A few of them were a bit shy of using their English but several of them were so confident it was amazing!! I was impressed. (For those of you that don't know..I taught these students for 1st and 2nd grade in an English Program here. Since then the program has closed and now they go to other schools...some EP and some regular Thai program.) And again I am just amazed at how generous these EP families are....taking care of me so well! I feel blessed to know them and all and pray I have many years ahead of spending time with them again.
I'm getting sleepy about now so I need to go for today. But first a photo or two of my student and I. Tomorrow we are off to Kathmandu.
Jen and I with (lt to rt) Ploy, Prael, Mint & Jun
After dinner with the kids and some of their families.
Don't you love how P'Meuy is on her cell! :) ha!
4 comments:
Seeing the BWS kids was heart-wrenching! I'm so jealous!
Christy! How fun to see your old students! And the food...yum!
Hey Christy! Glad to hear you've arrived safely and are enjoying the food and those precious kids of yours!!! So great to see the photos! Praying for continued safe journeying AND wonderful times of ministry, refreshment and FUN! Eat lots of those yummy fruits - enough for both of us too! Looking forward to your next update!
With love and prayers, Stephen and Evelyn
Oh, I love the photos! Thanks for posting them! I miss the EP kids...and Prael and Mint look just as rascal as always! Ha! Thanks for bringing my photos for them too!
Post a Comment